Updated: Apr 2
Larb minced pork / minced chicken
250-300g Minced pork or chicken
3 Tbsp Crushed toasted rice
Small Red Onion (Finely Chopped)
1-2 Tsp Fish Sauce
1/2 Tsp Sugar (up to your taste)
Chilli Flakes (up to your taste)
Bunch of coriander
200 ml water
1 Tsp oil
1. Toast dry chillies in a little oil until they smell nice and become slightly golden. Don’t burn them.
2. Add minced pork into the boiling water. It won’t take long to cook and don’t cook it too long as the pork will be tough. When it’s cooked turn off the heat. Then drain some of the water out of the pan and leave only around 2 Tbsp of cooking water in the pan with the pork.
3. Add lime juice, fish sauce, pinch of salt, sugar and crushed toasted rice. Mix thoroughly.
4. Add red onion, chilli flakes, coriander, mint and toasted dry chillies. Mix them together.
5. Now it’s ready to be served.